×

queshusbands right over his wife and child

My wife has gone to her house for giving birth to kid, and she has not come back home for nearly 7 months. Now I came to know she has joined her job and visa has been processed in her name to Norway official trip. As per our family custom she should not join the company without coming home which we have told her long back. Now she is also planning to take the kid along with her to Norway. Do I have right to stop her going abroad? Do I have right to stop Kid going abroad? Do I have right to say My wife must not go to work as she is trying to fly without my knowledge?

• ansThese matters are best settled with mutual consent.

Whereas, for restraining the kid you would have to approach the court under The Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act 1956 and Hindu Marriage Act 1955, with appropriate evidences to convince court for the custody of the child. However, in the present case as the infant is under five years; the care and welfare would be best taken by you has to be proved with bull's eye.