husbands right over his wife and child

My wife has gone to her house for giving birth to kid, and she has not come back home for nearly 7 months. Now I came to know she has joined her job and visa has been processed in her name to Norway official trip. As per our family custom she should not join the company without coming home which we have told her long back. Now she is also planning to take the kid along with her to Norway. Do I have right to stop her going abroad? Do I have right to stop Kid going abroad? Do I have right to say My wife must not go to work as she is trying to fly without my knowledge?

Answers (1)

102 votes
These matters are best settled with mutual consent.

Whereas, for restraining the kid you would have to approach the court under The Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act 1956 and Hindu Marriage Act 1955, with appropriate evidences to convince court for the custody of the child. However, in the present case as the infant is under five years; the care and welfare would be best taken by you has to be proved with bull's eye.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."