quesHusband left for Mumbai. Neither taking me nor coming back.What to do?

What action should I take against my husband who he left for Mumbai not to come back? We got married in a temple and he left for Mumbai. It’s been 4 months and he kept postponing by 2 to 3 days whenever we spoke and promised to take me with him.


Now I feel he will not come to take me. What can I do as I feel totally cheated and helpless?


  • ans


    The option available to you is filing a petition for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act. 


    Section 9 has been reproduced below for better understanding: 


    Restitution of conjugal rights- 


    When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.




    Where a question arises whether there has been reasonable excuse for withdrawal from the society, the burden of proving reasonable excuse shall be on the person who has withdrawn from the society. 


    So as you have stated that your husband is living separately, you can file this petition whereby the Court shall direct him to live with you.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a single hindu man. I am in love with married girl and she…
Me Indore me rahta hu Mene 27jan2017 ko ek ladki se arya smj ke madhyam…
Hello Sir/Madam, I am 34 years old, married, leaving with my wife and parents. I…
Hi, I want help in a matter of my sister. My elder sister her age…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly