Husband is not willing to provide expenses for Child's upbringing

Mine is Catholic wedding. after my sons birth my husband was calling me back to stay with him. Since we both r working I told him to request his parents to take care of our son in our absence. But my husband said that he spoke to his parents but they r not willing to take care. Then I told him to take a rental house near my parents house as they would look after my son. But he was not ready for that. And was forcing me to either leave my job or keep son on babysitting. financially we r not stable so I cudnt leave my job plus so many news I hear so I was scared to keep my son for babysitting. and so till now my son is one year old but m at mothers place. but The problem is that he is not willing to share expense of the child. Not even a penny he has spent. So m I right in asking for half money for child's expense.

Answers (1)

309 votes

Yes it is your husband's legal duty to pay for your child's maintenance. You can ask him to pay for your child's maintenance. If he does not agree to do so then you can approach to court. First try to talk and ask him for money try convincing your husband. If he does not agree then you can proceed legally against him under section 125 of CRPC for maintenance of your minor child without filing for divorce. Kindly book a consultancy call in case of any clarification or detailed advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."