How to save myself from my ex girlfriend blackmailing me for money

i was in relationship back 3 years with a girl we had sex which was our both decission we both were 18+ and then we broke up i dont talk to her from the last 30 months nowe suddenly her brother calls me to meet me and after meeting he beats me and blackmail me to give 10 lahk rupees or they will file a case against me what should i do ?? he was also giving me threats of women cell

Answers (2)

346 votes

do you have all your whatsapp chats etc and/or call records or photos etc of you and the girl? If yes then you have a strong case. You should file a complaint case before they do and also file for anticipatory bail. a FIR against you is not required for anticipatory. Contact a good lawyer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

270 votes

Dear client: Before you move for any legal remedy - try to bring in on record what ever threat you are receiving.
It can be a phone recording, WhatsApp message, email, or any mode of communication which should show/ prove that you are really being blackmailed & threatened. Try to get at least 3- 4 such mode of threats recorded.( Both from your girlfriend & her brother)

Second step is complaint in this regard with respective police station/ authority.

Kindly revert after you have achieved the first step.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."