How to claim maintenance from father who abandoned us

My dad got separated from us 8 years ago. After separation we barely got any support from my father or his family. Infact my grandfather sold my great grandfathers property( a piece of land to be precise) and distributed the cash amongst his kids. Now that my mom asked for his support he said no to help. But he’s helping his daughter, he again is selling a property which is of 35L and giving away that cash to his daughter who’s currently not in a need of money as we do. My sisters school fees hasn’t been paid off and he’s forcing us to get together with our dad and then only he would help us. Tho am in talking terms with my father, we cannot agree on getting back together with him because of physical and mental abuse. We have registered 3 complaints against him and so did my grandfather. Please help me get the hole over this situation and claim my right. My mom is uneducated and doesn’t make enough money. And nobody is supporting us through this situation

Answers (1)

183 votes

Your mom can file maintenance petition at Family Court for herself and her children (for you and your sister), she can demand for your daily necessities, medical and also for education expenses.
Which 3 complaints you are talking about, give details, at what stage these complains as on today?
If she is financially weak, then she can take help of Legal Aid department of the Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."