How to become a legal guardian of an Adult ?

Sir, I'm 50 yrs old. My close (25yrs) friends' daughter (22yrs) has some time astrogically and not considering their parents for anything 70%. She is about to finish her studies. I've been taking care along with their parents last 5 yrs. Is there any option to authorise me as legal guardian temp or permanent? as she is prone to mistakes due to age & inexperience. This move is in accordance with her parents. Kindly suggest legal options

Answers (1)

146 votes

You do not have any legal right over your friend's daughter who is already 22 years. Even her parents do not have any right to authorize you to take care of her as legal guardian. Further more you can help her in studies or whatever even without being as legal guardian.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."