How can I retain my child's custody

i am separated from my husband past two years now he filed GNWC for my child custody but i am not ready to give my child please explain what is GNWC and what i will do for my child live with me

Answers (1)

112 votes

As long as you can prove to the court that the child is safe and well looked after in your custody, in terms of education, family time, other interests, the court should not forcibly take custody of the child. However, a lot will also depend on the gender of the child, the age, the opportunities that are being provided, your financial status, etc.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."