How can I retain my child's custody

i am separated from my husband past two years now he filed GNWC for my child custody but i am not ready to give my child please explain what is GNWC and what i will do for my child live with me

As long as you can prove to the court that the child is safe and well looked after in your custody, in terms of education, family time, other interests, the court should not forcibly take custody of the child. However, a lot will also depend on the gender of the child, the age, the opportunities that are being provided, your financial status, etc.