Girl in love with someone else,family forcing to continue marriage

My cousin was in a relationship and was pressurised to marry someone else. After one and half year of failure marriage she conveyed everything about her past and asking for divorce so that she want to live independently from her parents too. Now she is under house arrest from both the families and they are pressurising her to continue that marriage relation. What's the way to get her release from the issue. She is so strong to apply for divorce and her actual relationship is still open and active so they want to marry and unite indepdently without any family support. Both the girl and boy are well educated and only because of family emotions they couldn't take bold decision in the past and they realised that they have to live together at any circumstances. Please kindly suggest the way so that we will approach you to take it forward.

Answers (2)

106 votes


Your friend is at liberty to chose her life to live happily. Your friend's in-laws and parents will not support your friend's views and emotions for her boyfriend as they live in a society where respect is everything and they will not allow your friend to leave her present husband and run towards her boyfriend. Your friend on her own may need to move forward and file for divorce and get rid of the present husband so that she can legally marry her boyfriend. Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.
All the best!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

194 votes

Dear Client,
Particulars are not furnished completely, On behalf of your cousin you may complain the same before Police Authorities to release from clutches of house arrest. What is she and that boy. Whether they can stand on their own legs financially if they come out from the family. You must see social problems after reunion. Every thing should be considered before come out of family fold. As well wisher, you must think twice before she leaps out of legal wedlock. She can file a petition for divorce after coming from house arrest. First you and your cousion must think to come from house arrest and then think about giving divorce.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."