Gave money to cousin for work. Neither returning money nor work done.

I gave some amount to my cousin (without paper work) to make my house and now he is not giving me the rest amount and not even doing the work. So helpless. Can't do anything. Please suggest me something.

You are stuck up in good faith. Since you do not have any proof which is required for success of any case in the Court of law, you may try to create the same by sending SMS, emails, and a Legal notice so that something comes on record before filing a case.