Does a wife has right over her husband's money

01-May-2023 (In Family Law)
My father has a ancestral property under loan period if my father sell this property and pay the full loan. After that my mother has any rights on other money of this property.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
673 votes

Your mother always have right of maintenance from your father, she also has a right of inheritance along with her children from her husband. She can claim her rights any time she chooses. For the same she need not wait. You may consult me for help in claiming such rights.
People also ask

Should a wife support her husband financially?

You asked if a wife should assist her husband in budgeting and paying the bills. My answer is that yes, she should so she can know where the money goes and how it is spent. Youre probably wondering if the wife needs to have her own income. That really depends on the couple.

What to do if your husband doesn't earn?

Let him plan dates. You shouldnt take his ability to treat him away just because you make more money. Ask him for help. ... Assign him bills/let him pay. ... Encourage passion projects. ... Show him affection. ... Support his work. ... Create a shared Account. ... Take decisions together.

Can wife claim husbands money?

If the property was purchased by the husband and is registered in his name: It will be considered as self-acquired property for him. However, in the event of separation or abandonment the wife may claim her share, since she is a legal heir class I. She can only claim her share as maintenance in a divorce. 06-Mar-2023

What if wife earns more than husband?

According to an analysis of census data, women who are the breadwinners in their household are more likely to be unhappy with their husbands, to have relationship problems or to divorce. Women's career successes can affect their marriages. 15-Feb-2022

Answer #2
759 votes
Respected Sir/Madam,

Your mother definitely has rights and money over this property, you have to take a NOC discharge over the same from the Manager in Charge of BAnk, however a view to the faith professed at the time of marriage has to be looked into. Without knowing further details i cannot advice further

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."