×

quesDaughter in law not interest in household chores. Left house. Remedy?

My son did a love marriage. Now her daughter has left to stay with her mother. How can we get her back? Due her their are now differences between father and son. I am a divorcee staying with my mother. She has no interest in doing household chores. What can i do about that?

assuming you are hindus,
    you can file an application under section 9 of the hindu marriage act which deals with restitution of conjugal rights. It is to be filed by the son.

Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 has been explained below for your understanding:

Section 9. 

Restitution of conjugal rights - When either the husband or the wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may apply, by petition to the district court, for restitution of conjugal rights and the court, on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.

Now regarding you second query,
    Basically there is no law which provides you to make your daughter-in-law to take interest in household chores. 
    Our advice to you would be that you can make your son and daughter-in-law visit a marriage counselor for a better life.