Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Complaint against parents for harassment and character assassination.

Got mutual divorced in 2017,parent hired the lawyer for court proceedings but they didn't wish for divorce.continuous harassment n character assassination by parent wanted me to either leave their house or commit suicide.used to say m psychotic patient every time police complaint made against them.m nt working currently.in 2000 got raped by paternal cousin also and parent used to call him at home n family function,other family members are not interving coz my brother got the govnt job by the help of my cousin dad in same department in which my cousin dad worked.took depression pill in 2000 bcoz parent instead of filing police complaint took me to psychiatrist.my education suffer badly after that incident was brilliant student.mine was arrange intercaste marriage.what action I can take against my family and what financial security I can get

Answers (1)

Divorced wife is entitled to claim maintenance from her ex-husband if she has not remarried and has no means to maintain herself.
The financial claim , compensation and damages case can be brought against respondents with whom the woman is living in domestic relationship that will include her parents. If domestic violence inflicted on the woman, protection order can be obtained against the respondents, namely other members of the family under the PWDV Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

I (26yrs aged)have been in a relation for 7month but recently i have breaking with her cause we dont have understanding in our 5months out of seven mo…

Read More

I am 40 years old. We are 2 brothers and 3 sisters. My parents are retired. There is one self acquired house in the name of the parents. One brother s…

Read More

I'm not sure whether there is a law for this. I had gone thru tremendous mental stress thru my marriage, I came out of my marriage and started liv…

Read More

 As my husband gave fake impression to the local police that we got compromised and staying together, 498a case has dragged more than one n half …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue