×

Complaint against parents for harassment and character assassination.

Got mutual divorced in 2017,parent hired the lawyer for court proceedings but they didn't wish for divorce.continuous harassment n character assassination by parent wanted me to either leave their house or commit suicide.used to say m psychotic patient every time police complaint made against them.m nt working currently.in 2000 got raped by paternal cousin also and parent used to call him at home n family function,other family members are not interving coz my brother got the govnt job by the help of my cousin dad in same department in which my cousin dad worked.took depression pill in 2000 bcoz parent instead of filing police complaint took me to psychiatrist.my education suffer badly after that incident was brilliant student.mine was arrange intercaste marriage.what action I can take against my family and what financial security I can get

Divorced wife is entitled to claim maintenance from her ex-husband if she has not remarried and has no means to maintain herself.
The financial claim , compensation and damages case can be brought against respondents with whom the woman is living in domestic relationship that will include her parents. If domestic violence inflicted on the woman, protection order can be obtained against the respondents, namely other members of the family under the PWDV Act.

Advocate Preeti Joshi