Complaint against family members for torturing and harassment.

Im always being ill treated and beaten by my joint family. Its an example of today when i was holding a badminton rachet to play. My uncle told me that he should let my brother play. I told that he was playing from a long time so i would play for a while after which he started shouting and when i refused to give the rachet he started to beat me and i also pushed him because of him my ankle is paining and is swollen. When i tried to fight back he started to hold my neck and push me down. Not only jim all of them in the joint family often do this for matters like not able to get a tube light and many things. I have been beaten by cookers and whatever objects they find. I get angry very soon because of these things. Im really unable to live with them. Please help me.

Try taking this up with the elders of the family. Make them aware of what is happening and how you will not take violence as an answer to any problem that arises. If the ill-treatment continues, file a police complaint against them on the ground of voluntary causing hurt.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli