Complaint against family members for torturing and harassment.

Im always being ill treated and beaten by my joint family. Its an example of today when i was holding a badminton rachet to play. My uncle told me that he should let my brother play. I told that he was playing from a long time so i would play for a while after which he started shouting and when i refused to give the rachet he started to beat me and i also pushed him because of him my ankle is paining and is swollen. When i tried to fight back he started to hold my neck and push me down. Not only jim all of them in the joint family often do this for matters like not able to get a tube light and many things. I have been beaten by cookers and whatever objects they find. I get angry very soon because of these things. Im really unable to live with them. Please help me.

Answers (1)

Try taking this up with the elders of the family. Make them aware of what is happening and how you will not take violence as an answer to any problem that arises. If the ill-treatment continues, file a police complaint against them on the ground of voluntary causing hurt.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

can husband registered complainant u/s 448 IPC against his wife THEY ARE SEPERATLY LIVING SINCE TWO YEARS BOTH ARE JAIN…

Read More

this will be a stupid question :-) We are getting married and do not want issues if things go wrong. Is there any way we can do a legal document that …

Read More

Patni jaanleva prahaar karti hai .samjhane par puri family ko dowry act mein fasane ki dhamki deti hai.apna jaan bachne tatha family ko surakhshit rak…

Read More

How many time a judge can order ex party for the case which is in family court from last 2 nd half years,neither the other party (my wife) present on …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue