Clarification regarding name and religion change for marriage

Hi, I'm a muslim want to marry my girlfriend who is hindu. She will become a Muslim and change her name too. I need advice on when she should change her name and convert because it is necessary to give documents to court before marriage. If we marry first then her old name will be there in our marriage certificate and if she change her name she needs to apply for all the required documents for name change. Please suggest.

Hello, for changing procedure of name and religion there is need to publish your old name and new name, and your address, old religion and new religion, and sign in old and new format in state government gazette. This is the procedure of two months. Before marriage complete this process.then there is no problem.

You can get the marriage registered under the Special Marriages Act without any need for conversion.
Alternatively, since the girl is willing to convert, she should do the same before the marriage. However, be informed that conversion is not necessary as per law, but non-conversion is usually an issue under Muslim personal law.

Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar