Clarification on procedure to disown daughter after divorce

I AM HINDU NAIDU COMMUNITY. I am married 28 years back and have a daughter aged 25 years and 7 years back my ex wife ran away from me for her mistakes and divorced me and I gave my company and money as I was penny less as she has taken every thing. After my divorce never came to me or saw me past 7 years but both are living with money of my company and I bhave nothing to live. In fact I have one property got by settlement deed from my father and I have pledged and the same is being auctiond by bank since I am going to ger remarried the new girl is afraid of the money she will be helping me to restart and she insists to disown my daughter who has never seen me after divorce. As my ex-wife is living with her brother in-law and her boyfriends which my daughter has considered as hers As I am so depressed I would like to disown my daughter as I may be helped by my new wife and I may earn money through her support and my daughter not to claim when I make money.

Answers (2)

You are not able to frame your question in the right way. Having said that whether you earn on your own or through someone, it is your self earned money or property. So no one can stake a claim against your property which your are going to earn in future. However, if your daughter is minor, she has every right to claim maintenance against you and you are duty bound to support her till the time of her marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

There is no necessity to disown your daughter. Your daughter cannot make any claim against your property or your earnings. Your daughter is 25 years old, there is no legal obligation that you have to support her in any way. Is she interfering in your present life now? In what way? There is no way that she can disturb your new life & wife. In case you need any further advice or assistance, kindly contact me.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
8 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

A Hindu man has married a Muslim woman without getting divorce from his first wife.Case u/s 498,406,DV act and divorce are pending in session court. M…

Read More

1)Is live-in legal in India 2)What is the status of live-in when one partner was married before and still not divorced…

Read More

Can a divorced woman get pregnant by doing ART (IVF) using donor sperm?…

Read More

I beling from a hindu family ....i got married in 2008 as my second marriage but we dont live together after 2011..reason being i have business in ind…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue