Claiming maintenance from husband after separation

I am forced separated from husband for 7 months now on basis of religion conversion to christianity after hindu marriage.No maintenance is paid from him on ground that I am professionally qualified and he is jobless(wantedly).I am jobless since graduating & facing issues getting a decent one and have health issues.What legal action should be taken?

Answers (1)

185 votes

You can file a case for maintenance in a Family Court. You can also file a petition under Domestic Violence Act. As a Lady you have several options to claim for maintenance and also to assert your rights. If you are in Chennai and need any further assistance then you can contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."