Can I take legal action against my mother in law for doing black magic

Can we complain against someone who does black magic? My mother in law is doing black magic and I am falling ill. I find some suspicious things in my room and don't know how it is happening. I have heard that there is an anti superstition law in Maharashtra but I am in Delhi. How can I get legal relief in such a situation?

Dear Ma'am,

Assuming that both you and your mother in law reside in Delhi, the cause of action arises in Delhi. There is no such law in Delhi which prohibits the practise of black magic. 

The Maharashtra Prevention and Eradication of Human Sacrifice and other Inhuman, Evil and Aghori Practices and Black Magic Act, 2013 is a criminal law act for the state oMaharashtra, which criminalises practices related to black magichuman sacrifices, use of magic remedies to cure ailments and other such acts which exploit people's superstitions.

However this Act is applicable only in Maharashtra and not in Delhi. Therefore you can not file a complaint under the aforesaid act. 

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari