Can I stop my in laws to not to stay with us as we dont get along well

I have a daughter who is 1 year old and I have been married for 4 yrs. My In laws not staying with me and I do not have good relations with them. But they want to shift with me and my husband.

My husband wants them to stay with us as my father in law retired an year ago. We live in a rented house. My father in law has his own house in Bhopal but they still want to stay with us.

I do not want this. What should I do? I don't want to lose my husband.


In any of the personal law, there is no provision which bars the inlaws or give rights to an individual to make a choice between joint or nuclear family

It is your own family decision.

But in case of such difficult circumstances you can always talk to to your husband or opt for marriage counseling.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Will the new judgement by supreme court on 3 rd feb 2018 will change daughter right if father died before 9 th sep 2015. Hindu religion.…

Read More

is a granddaughter (Natini Rekha) is legal Heir of her Grandfathers (Nana) property? Rekha's mother is the only chlid of her grandfather. The Gran…

Read More

am love with my fathers sisters daughters daughter. can i marry her. is she sapinda to me or not.…

Read More

Hello, Can I marry with my father's sister's daughter's daughter.. Pl help & if not pls suggest any possibility to live life together.…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue