Can I marry a 19 year old girl if I am 18 years old?

I am 19 year I went to do merry 18+ girl so I could marriage ?

Answers (3)

Please mention your religion.
As per section 5(iii) of Hindu Marriage Act, the bridegroom must completed the age of twenty one years and the bride the
age of eighteen years at the time of the marriage. So I hope this clears your doubt.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

no you cannoy marry at 18 years you have to be at least 21 yrs of age to india boys can marry legally when they had attended the age of 21 years .as for girls the age for marry is 18 not before 21yrs

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

In india the legal age to marry is 21yrs for a boy,but still you can marry without the same being registered and you can lead a happy conjugal life.and when you attain the legal age you just register the marraige .for more info you can contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I am Hindu and My girlfriend is also Hindu. My girlfriend wants to be with me, but her family is not favoring it, in fact, her family has bounded her.…

Read More

My sister file dv against inlaws and husband she have 2kids but in laws file a case in senior citzen from there order recd to give possession of house…

Read More

want a happy healthy lifestyle in which family will come first in priority. can i make a rule for him thru legal procedure which he has to follow…

Read More

hi my hubsand fight on small issue.he have major disease.after fight he do msg to my parents. and he said to give all sal fr rent and other.what to do…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue