×

Can girl file case for withdrawing marriage?

I got engaged on February it was forced by my family so I accepted after someday I speaking with girl am not interested to marry her please help me how to stop marriage after engagement. Will they file case on what will be the problem I need to face.

It is very important that unless you are not interested in the marriage you should not get married with the said girl. In your case already engagement ceremony is being conducted so legally speaking the girl side has a right to seek some sort of compensation since it will be a problem for the girl's side to go for other marriage like that of in your case. Having said that without love if you marry both of your lives will be ruined. Therefore, go to the girl's house and beg mercy and tell them about the fact that you are not interested in the marriage.

As you are a major, it is only you who should decide about your marriage. Nobody else has any legal right in the matter. You only have to take a decision considering all aspects involved in the circumstances.

Advocate Preeti Joshi