Can girl file case for withdrawing marriage?

I got engaged on February it was forced by my family so I accepted after someday I speaking with girl am not interested to marry her please help me how to stop marriage after engagement. Will they file case on what will be the problem I need to face.

Answers (2)

107 votes

It is very important that unless you are not interested in the marriage you should not get married with the said girl. In your case already engagement ceremony is being conducted so legally speaking the girl side has a right to seek some sort of compensation since it will be a problem for the girl's side to go for other marriage like that of in your case. Having said that without love if you marry both of your lives will be ruined. Therefore, go to the girl's house and beg mercy and tell them about the fact that you are not interested in the marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

186 votes

As you are a major, it is only you who should decide about your marriage. Nobody else has any legal right in the matter. You only have to take a decision considering all aspects involved in the circumstances.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."