Can a Christian marriage be registered in the absence of the girl

how is christian marriage registered in the absense of girl. since girl is in abroad and cant make up to india.

Answers (2)

307 votes

It is not possible to register the marriage in the absence of one.
Further where the marriage has been done only on that place marriage can be register.
Further any inquiry contact the advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

64 votes

The registration can't take place in the absence of the woman in India as the same has to be signed by the parties personally in the presence of marriage registrar and then attested by two credible witnesses.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."