×

Can a brother disown her sister legally

My sister hasn't taken divorce yet from her husband even though he has deserted her even after we are saying to take one. She is staying with us but she is very abusive, quarrelsome and a liar and I want to legally cut ties from her. Can I disown my sister? And can I legally issue a restraining order against my sister's in-laws so that they can't neither call, meet or be in any contact whatsoever. I just want to get out of my sister's problems legally and on record.

If the property belongs entirely to you and is not an ancestral property then you can file a suit eviction and injunction against your sister to send her out of the house. In case of a sister there is no need of disowning her as she is not your legal heir and your property won't be transferred to her.

Advocate Preeti Joshi