Brothers not sharing the maintenance of mother

My brothers don't want to share the expenses incurred in maintaining my mother who now admitted in old age home.

Answers (2)

Your mother can file a case seeking maintenance under Section 125 of the Criminal Procedure Code against the two sons. You can also be a party to it and contest that you are unable to undertake the entire burden on your own.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Querist,
Under Section S. 125 of Crpc, the Magistrate can order children to pay monthly allowance as maintenance if the parents are infirm and unable to maintain themself. This does not preclude the daughter's, the daughters are also liable to maintain thier parents provided she is able to maintain herself.
Pratap, Advocate

Pratap, Advocate

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have filed a case for domestic violence against my husband who ran away to a foreign country three years back deserting my 8 year old son and me. He…

Read More

My mother having family pension after my deceased father, an ex M L A about rs 20000 . I am unemployed depending on agriculture income. Is my mother e…

Read More

my wife filed a false domestic violence case against me and my family. She is working as a govt. teacher and i am working in a private job. She has de…

Read More

Hello I got married in 2007 and I have got 2 daughters. My husband has been involved with a girl since Jan 2017 and he has been pressurising me to get…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue