Brother denied to marry girl now blackmailing to give money

Dear Sir as you are aware of Up Tradition Baricha of my Elder brother held in juner 2017(Gorakhpur).because of miscellaneous reason my brother is not ready to marry her , so they demanded rupees 20000 which we returned to them Now again they are demanding 12000 We dont know what to do? Religion :Hindu

Answers (2)

71 votes

u told about tradition of baricha and ur brother not agree to marry that girl, thats ok without consent marriage is not possible, basically all these kind of amount given by both parties not on paper , so no body can claim for that.
but important is u just told them genuine reason to girl family.
Reply for ur query: Look, these transaction not legal basically these are tradition so, if there is no record then in that case they cant even claim for the compensation.
but humanity sayes u just talk with them n sortout the issue, its not big deal.
If u have any otyher query u can ask

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

280 votes

Just denied to give any money if they are threatening you via any means record the same first, than file a police complain in this regard in written explaining everything in details copy of the same complain must be forwarded to Human Right Commission. One separate complain must be made to Chief Minister through CM window.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My wife and i got MUTUAL CONSENT divorce about 3 months back, but now she is not cooperating for quashing proceedings under Honorable Delhi High Court…

Read More

 according to my 10th marksheet my age is 18 years and according to my aadhar card my age is 21 years can i marry in the court now please help me…

Read More

Can i get legal security from married man who is promising to marry me. We both are hindu…

Read More

Can I marry my mother's first cousin...According to Hindu marriage act??…

Read More