Boy whose actual age 21 but 18 in documents wants to marry girl of 20

I am a Hindu , my age in reality is 21 and half year but in papers it is 18 my fiance is 20 years old what can I do to marry her we both are settled and well off

Answers (4)

266 votes

Proof of age is on the basis of Official records only, like Matriculation Certificate, Birth Certificate of the Municipality. The Age showing in Official records will be considered as valid for all official purposes.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

269 votes

Yes, you cam get married to each other without any hindrance. If your parents are ready you can get marry with each other and if not, you can then also get marry to each other from court without any hindrance. .

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
294 votes

You can check in date of birth certificate issued by Birth and Deth Registrar. I think in certificate your correct date of birth was mentioned at the time of your birth. You can marriage through that. And also filled a suit in court for correction in remaining documents according to birth certificate.

85 votes

Absolutely yes you can perform the marriageAlthough it is not the marriageable age as per the Hindu marriage act but regardless of that if no one objects to that marriage ,that marriage remains intact.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."