Amount from husband & wife's joint fixed deposit withdrawn by wife

During my marriage my father given a draft of 4 lac for both of mine and husband name which further reimbursed and jointly get into account of my husband and me both fixed deposit of it due to conflicts and all i live seperately with my husband,i have taken the amount of our joint fd,as it is given by my father now husband says he file 406 against me as i taken his amount of money,but truth is that is my father money and i also have a documentray proof relating to it.

Answers (1)

107 votes

See even if the money was first given by your father but it was held jointly by you and husband and the money was transferred by your father without any consideration. Hence, the owner of the said amount is both you and your husband. In these circumstances you have a right over half of the money and you can't take the entire money without having a no objection certificate from your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."