×

quesWhat is the procedure to get death certificate?

My father passed away while on a business trip to Bangalore but was originally from Delhi (was living and working in Delhi). He was subsequently cremated in Delhi. Which Municipal Corporation (MC) will issue the death certificate?

• ansThe registrar of births and deaths in Delhi will issue the death certificate in view of the fact that your father was a resident of Delhi and was cremated in Delhi.

Obtain the cremation certificate from the crematorium and then apply for the birth certificate with the BMC.

To apply for a Death Certificate, you must first register the death. The death has to be registered with the concerned local authorities within 21 days of its occurrence, by filling up the form prescribed by the Registrar. Death Certificate is then issued after proper verification. If a death is not registered within 21 days of its occurrence, permission from the Registrar/Area Magistrate, along with the fee prescribed in case of late registration, is required.