quesWant to start manufacturing of hairdye. What license to obtain and how

I want to start a manufacturing business for hair dye. As it involve chemicals, it requires a license for the same. How can i get that license?

  • ans

    The procedure to be followed in order to manufacture cosmetics in India has been laid down under the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945.

    Schedule M-II classifies cosmetics into 11 broad, which includes hair dyes.
    To manufacture this  product, a license has to be obtained from a Licensing Authority appointed by the State Government.

    The application has to be submitted in Form 31 alongwith a license fee of Rs. 2500 and an inspection fee of Rs. 1000.

    The manufacturer has to ensure that the production is done in the presence of a competent and qualified technical staff and at least one of the staff persons should possess the following educational requirements:

    Holds a Diploma in Pharmacy approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under the Pharmacy Act, 1948; or is registered under the Pharmacy Act, 1948; or

    Has passed the intermediate examination with Chemistry as one of the subjects or any other examination as recognized by the Licensing Authority as equivalent to it.

    Before granting or refusing the license, the Licensing Authority is required to order inspection of the whole premises where the operations are to be carried out.

    The inspectors are appointed under the Act. They are then required to submit a detailed report to the Licensing Authority which can then decide whether to grant the license or not.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

i applied for a loan and mortgaged the property that was registered on my name…
Sir, my father is clerk in gramin bank and my mother is principal in govt…
Sir could you please share the rules and regulations about sperm donation in India
I am 25 years old. I want to change my caste and take up my…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly