Procedure to change the name of a 3 year old child

In Documentation Law

We need to change the order of the name of our son. The two certificate that he have in his name are passport and birth certificate. His name has a first name,middle name,last name. Now we need to swap middle name to last name and last name to middle name. what is the procedure to follow?

Answers (1)

139 votes

"Having your name changed primarily involves three steps: (1) Preparing an affidavit stating that you wish to change your name, (2) Newspaper publication, and (3) Getting your name published in the Official Gazette of your state The following documents are involved in the entire process:
1) Name Change Affidavit
2) Newspaper Publication
3) Name Change Deed
4) Request letter to the Secretariat
5) Name Change Statement
6) Reply Letter from the Secretariat
7) Publication Money Receipt.
8) Gazette Notification"

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
15 years Experience
Advocate Atulay Nehra
Sector 137, Noida
11 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles