×

License and age requirement to fly nano & micro drones

Hello I'm 16 y/o and read the new draft published by the dgca. its mentioned that you don't need license for nano and micro drones flying at 50 and 200 ft respectively. but you need uin and for that you need to complete training which requires age to 18 can you please tell if i can fly a drone or not.

The government has designed the rules according to the size of the drone being flown.

Classification Size
Nano less than 250gm
Micro 250gm to 2kg
Mini 2kg to 25kg
Small 25kg to 150kg
Large greater than 150kg
Barring nano drones—those that weigh under 250 grams and can’t fly at higher than 50 feet—all others must be registered with the DGCA and acquire a Unique Identification Number. Drones that weigh over 2kgs will require an air defence clearance. And the remote pilot for any drone must be at least 18 years old and have gone through a prescribed training process.
So it depend on your uses & waight of drone if it is personal no need to register but professional drone need it

Shaniwar Peth, Pune