×

quesis it legal to attain degree of the same course twice

Is it legal to do post graduation in single subject (like M.A. in History) twice from two different universities in different sessions. The reason behind doing this is to better performance like try to get more marks second time.For employment purposes will the second degree will hold ground?

• ansIt will be absolutely legal to appear for the same exam in the same subject if the university permits you to do so. There is nothing illegal about approaching another university with the hope that you would perform better and get a better grade.

When you have to produce the certificate for employment no one is going to investigate your educational history.All that matters is that your certificate is valid and recognized by the University and governed by UGC guidelines.
    Or you can inquire from your University whether they permit further sitting for examination of a subject for which you have already sat and scored pass mark with some other university,