Date of birth difference in birth certificate and 10th board marksheet

My birth certificate and 10th board marksheet has different date of birth. Birth certificate has a date 30/08/1989 and 10th marksheet has a date 28/08/1989 and this date is also in pan card .. I applied for passport on 1/6/13 with 10th marksheet dob 28/08/1989 since then I have received so many objection letters from passport office they are demanding fresh birth certificate with correct dob. . I have tried to change dob both in 10th marksheet and birth certificate .but it's not looking possible.. The muncipal corporation is saying that correction is not possible. What to do?

Answers (1)

134 votes

I am assuming that the date on your birth certificate is correct. Approach the applicable education board to reissue your mark sheets and certificates with the corrections made. Having the date on your birth certificate changed will be problematic.

File an RTI to the concerned department inquiring about the procedure for a corrected birth certificate to be issued. You must have some proof to justify the alteration. You can always file a writ petition or a suit to compel the government authority to do so.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles