Builder not transferring conveyance deed in favor of the society.

We are a part of registered co-operative society, registered in PMC. The builder has not done conveyance deed in favor of the society. How can we get him to transfer the conveyance deed in favor of the society?

Answers (2)

263 votes

If a builder is not transferring the said land and building in favour of the regd. co op hsg society, then the society can avail an option of deemed conveyance and can transfer in its favour the land and the building without assistance of a builder. the society or the appointed advocate will have to make an application to the co operative societies department and the adjudication at the Joint District Registrar, Pune. The procedure is bit lengthy and it may take months. the society can make an application and avail this benefit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

203 votes

first send notice to the builder through your society for that intention
If deny society has option to apply for deemed conveyance to registrar.
As per government notification dated 12/4/2012 registrar co operative society has powers to call builder by giving notice
If builder not responds then registrar has power to execute conveyance deed in favour of society.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles