will I get alimony/maintenance from my Husband for myself?

Will I get alimony/maintenance from my Husband for myself? Because my case is in women Commission and the chair person there said that I, as a working women will not get maintenance from husband. But my case is that I am earning only 10k and my job is contractual base, I dnt have a secured job and top of that I hv a child of 7 yrs. We are living separately in a rented room. My husband is giving sum of amount for my child's academic related but I am not getting a single penny. So its very difficult for me to handle daily needs. What to do in my case?

A woman is entitled to maintenance if her personal income is insufficient to maintain the standard of living she was accustomed to while living with her husband. You will have to establish in court that your salary is insufficient to meet the needs of your daily expenses.