Wife's demand to vacate her govt allotted residence

This has reference to a critical case wherein my brother-in-law Mr. X along with his sister, mother is living in a govt. accommodation which is allotted to his wife. His wife wants to have a nuclear family for which she had filed a case with the police, who later transferred it to Women's cell. She recently asked her husband, his mother and sister to vacate her govt. accommodation within 5 days. They have shifted to some other place now. My brother in law wants to write it to the Women's cell. Can you please advise how can he make his strong when he complains to the Women' cell regarding this?

Answers (3)

132 votes

Your reply/complaint will be in context of the complaint filed by the wife, hence specific suggestions cannot be given. All allegations should be denied/explained. Circumstances in which the family of the husband is living with the wife in her house should be referred to.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes

Property belongs to her wife, so this is her wish either to accommodate her husband or not.
His only contention could be that her wife wants her to live separate from his family. Rest any local lawyer can guide you thoroughly.
Good luck

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
221 votes

The house in question was allotted to the lady ,no body has any right to live in, except with the permission of that lady. Since you had left the house there is no need to reply . He can say that he is living with his legally wedded wife.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles