Wife refusing to return what can I do

My wife is living at her parents home since 3 months and don't want to come back to my home. She is not ready for any settlement. We are Hindu by religion.

Answers (3)

240 votes

If you want her back and want to try for that then you can file a petition under section 9 of hindu marriage act for restitution of conjugal rights if your wife without reasonable excuse left your home.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

331 votes

First of all you should try to take back your wife by amicable means such as by approaching your in laws with the help of some mediator and respectables of society. But if that process fails then you have right to file perition under section 9 of the hindu marriage act for restitution of conjugal rights.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
67 votes

Dear Friends
Detailed Answer

You are saying that your wife is not living with you since last three months and write now she is living at parents home.and you are saying that she is not ready for any settlement.than to ask her that what she want to do?.if she is asking for divorce that she or you have to wait for 2 years.because in hmp minimum 2 years separation are required to file divorce.try to convince her to come back.otherwise even you can file a case on her on the court to fulfill marriage life.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles