Wife provokes me to take action against her. How to protect myself?

My wife provokes me to take adverse action against her. What can i do to protect myself as she provokes me a lot. I live in a joint family. How can i save myself if she files a false complaint against me? She is presently living with me.

The situation you describes also amounts to cruelty. You can obtain divorce on this ground if you want to get separate from your wife.
If a wife files a complaint against his husband and his family police does not immediately registers the FIR. After filing of the complaint husband receives notice from the women cell which after hearing the wife also listens the version of the husband and then acts accordingly. There have been instances when police does not takes any action on the compliant of wife after giving an opportunity of hearing to husband as officials of women cell does not deems fit and rejects the complaint of wife. You can also make complaint against your wife stating the incidents which happens to you and if you have any apprehension that your wife may file a false case against you or do something to herself to cause any harm to you.

First, you should not get provoked at all if someone else is acting in a inhospitable manner. Try marriage counselling. If it doesn't work and the two of you can't get along at all then you might want to go for judicial separation or for a divorce. You will need a Lawyer if she files a case against you and you will need to file for anticipatory bail if you fear arrest. Try and resolve it amicably before it comes to that.