Wife is threatening to file a false case against him

My wife has threatened to file false case against me..if she files this case in her hometown, can I get bail in my hometown or would I need to go to her hometown? We both are Hindu by religion.

Answers (4)

244 votes

You will need to approach the court which will send you summons. Then only that court can give you bail.
Since it is pending in that court, you have no other remedy other than to appear in that court,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes

If your wife files a case against you then first the Hon'ble Court will issue a summons. If you attained the case on summons then there would not be any warrant and you would not need to take a bail. In case if you fail to attain the Hon'ble Court on summons then the Court will issue a warrant. If the Court issues bailable warrant then you will get the bail from local police station. If the Court issues non-bailable warrant then you have to take the bail from the same Court which has issued the non-bailable warrant

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
101 votes

Dear sir. If your wife has filed case against you in her hometown then you have to go there and do a legal proceedure in that hon`ble court. Hon`ble can issue a summons/warrent against you if you did no attent in that court. So plz attent and do a legal proceedure of bail. after that you can file separate case against your wife in your hometown .

67 votes

No you have to go her hometown were she has filed case and appear and take the bail for all persons against whom
The case has been filed and you should appear in the said matter after you received summon or notice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles