Wife having affair can I get divorce

In Divorce Law
I m married before three and half year. Two and half months ago there was a girl born by my wife. I have very criticised by my wife from start. There is no feelung toward each other.One day before baby 14 days birth,I see chat on her phone. Than I was surprised there was a boyfriend of her that was before marriage. My doubt on her was right from many years. By the chat I m most sure that baby was by her boyfriend. If baby is not mine than how much I would be strong for divorce. Can I give her notice for divorce and by court DNA would be possible?

Answers (2)

52 votes

This kind of a conduct by your wife amounts to mental cruelty vide Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act and therefore you can easily file divorce proceedings on the same very grounds. You should be well prepared to prove the allegation of extra marital affair that you are making against your wife, therefore you need to have ample evidence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

118 votes

A case for cheating could be filed and the divorce could be taken legally for any other further information please contact me on my number and sure all assistance would be given properly.legally you have the right for any wrong done against you

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles