Wife forcibly entered parents house how can I evict her

I am an Hindu & got into an arranged marriage about two & half years ago.But from the day one,I got mental & physical torture from my wife and I decided to approach the family court seeking divorce from my wife & in the month of Feb.16 the family court has given the ex-Party order in favour of me. Now i am staying in a separate rented house & my wife entered my parents house forcibly & denied to leave.My parents had approached the police but they are unclear about the law in this case.The house is owned by my Father. Please suggest how can we enforce her legally to move out my parents house.

Answers (3)

108 votes

You have not mentioned whether your wife has challeged the exarte divorce order or not? Secondly you have not mentioned whether she has filed any case under Domestic Violation Act against you and your family. Since she can also obtain an injunction order from the Family court in the Domestic Violation case, a right to enter and stay in your home. You please cross check all these aspects and in case if has challeged the divorce petition and obtained a stay, in such event you can not do anything in this matter.
Thanks and regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

173 votes

You need a proper reproachnent from court and police now,yes in these circumstances generraly police do not want to take any action,but if she continue there would be technical difficulties and legal issues with your parents ,hence you may contact our office or find a good lawyer who can handle things in your favor as per law.OFc : Adv Pankaj Kumar

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
314 votes

She is no right enter into the your fathers house, ask your father to lodge trespass complaint against her in the Police.

The relation between you and her no more existing due to divorce got by you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles