Wife demanding custody of child after 7 years of divorce, what to do?

Hi, I got married in 2006, With the grace of God I became a father of a baby girl in September 2017. Due to some issue my ex wife and I start living separately my girl's age was 6mth at that time. Since then she is staying with me and my family. I caught a case of divorce and got divorce in 2009, I remarry in 2010. This year in 2017 my ex wife called my parents and ask my 10 years old daughter custody (in last 10years she spend only 6mth with her inetialy . She asked to take a transfer certificate from her school and also threaten my parents. Please advise what legal option I have in above case.

Answers (1)

87 votes

At this stage you are rightfully custodian of your daughter. The balance of convenience is in your favour. Your wife can not take custody of your daughter. You can contest her claim. The will of your daughter is of paramount importance. If at all your ex wife filed petition the court can not pass order without asking your daughter's will.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles