Wife defaming and harassing my family can i get divorce from her

Can i file divorce case on the basis of Wife harassed and mental torture to me (One day Recording is available) and she urges me to left my parents She has given a false statement of dowry demand in her complaint in my central Government office If i file defamation case against wife who will pay the money and how ? she stays in Ghaziabadin her parents house near Delhi how we protect or stop her to transfer all above court cases from sangareddy court to Ghaziabad Court if she given aaplication

Answers (3)

245 votes

Dear Client,
You must file a petition for transfer of cases from on state to another state in Supreme Court of India. If not you have to attend cases. In the transfer petition also you must setup a valid ground that at Sangareddy Court you have life threat in her hand. You can engage an expert advocate to deal the matter. You can engage an advocate to represent you and attend your case to represent you. You need not go time and again for each and every adjournment. Your advocate can file petition to condone your absence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

302 votes

You have enough evidence to prove her mental cruelty.Ignoring husband parents (in-laws) also comes under cruelty. There are judgments available. Defamation is not question here. You must be protected from 498A. If unable to live to gather then go ahead. We can not stop transfer of cases to Ghaziabad if she lives there and wanted to transfer. You may contact us for further consultation in our Hyderbad office.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
209 votes

Dear Sir,

Yes. You can file for divorce on the basis of harassment and mental torcher from wife and further your wife's demand to leave your parents as all these activities can be termed as cruelty. File for divorce on the ground of cruelty. If you file a criminal defamation case against your wife, there will not be any compensation awarded to you as it is a criminal case and you cannot claim compensation in criminal matters. You can file for civil defamation case as well as suit for damages against your wife and claim compensation. if you win the case and compensation is awarded to you, your wife has to pay the compensation amount. If your wife wants to transfer all the to be filed cases, she has to approach supreme court for the same where you need to contest and stop the court from transferring the cases to her jurisdiction i.e., Ghaziabad Court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles