Wife and in laws harassing for money what are my rights

My wedding was on 21 April 2015,on 15 aug 16 my right foot fracture after that 19 aug my wife goes with her father without tell me nothing after that my in laws demand 10 lacs for divorce i ask why then they start to blackmail us if i not agree then they filed case on me under 498a,crpc 125,etc.I told them do what that you want then they demand 5 lacs my income is 18000/- pm and also my parents stay with me my father is a old age person 60 Plus my mother also 61 plus,I can not paid 5 lacs i have no saving what should i do

Answers (3)

78 votes

provide the exact details that where are you residing presently rest along with that what is the status of your case because only after that will be able to provide the guidence to you properly so will get relief from court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

201 votes

Dear friend, make a police complaint to higher police officials of your area, that your wife and her parents are threatening you to implicate you and your family in false dowry and domestic cases, tell the police that their intension is malicious, you take first step prior to their action, your defence will be created. Don't worry they can't do anything after that.. Best of luck

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
309 votes

You can file writ against them in high court or fight the cases against you with full conviction and come out of it winning. You can also file a complaint of blackmailing in the court against your in laws .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles