Who will have the custody of child and property after divorce

Husband and wife Both planning for divorce they have 1child n 1own house. Who will get property n who will get child. What if she is working. As husband is harreaaing to much ... he beats also. This was a love cum arrange marriage. Where the female have invested some money in flat (apt) also while buying the apartment. Bt the apartment is solely in husband name. As she was not haveing documents of her ... at the time of buying the apartment. Even she had handed over some cash and jewellery also at the time of marriage. What about alimony ..How to get all that please advice.

Answers (3)

208 votes

As a question of child custody, child may remain to with mother till the physical maturity (as 10 - 12 yr kid can feed himself)

Later on child will be asked by court about his wish withwhom he like to live. (Till then child must be with mother)

And as matter of property husband can not demand right in wifes property at divorce proceedings, But wife can demand half share in husband property.

If such apt./flat bought by both the parties then on divorce wife can claim 75% share right on such property.

Feel free to visit / contact, if u r located in / nearby Pune.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

115 votes

Dear client if u both r ready for mutual divorce then u both can decide about custody and property also. Otherwise wife can file case for permanent custody in court. As well as she can also claim share in property and alimony. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
292 votes

Custody of child normally goes with the mother.
The welfare of the child is considered over the rights of parents.
It is not that easy to evict woman from the house as she has residential rights under various laws.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles