Which case should be filed first Sec.9 or Sec.13

1. Can a respondent file FIR against peitioner husband and his family when divorce case has been filed but she is lying that we have not received the notice? 2. Is there any way to know before hearing date whether notice reached to the respondent or not ? 3. When the wife does not stay with her husband even after women cell decision, should we go for sec 9 right of restitution or sec 13 for divorce? Which one is better?

Answers (3)

108 votes

1. Yes respondent wife can file the criminal case after filing of divorce by husband as both is having separate cause of action.

2. Yes just before the date of hearing inspect the judicial file and see the status of summons

3. First go u/s 9 and even if wife refuse in court then go for 13

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

311 votes

Hi. Your query is not clear so it can be answered only when you come to meet me personally in my office and only thereafter after coming to know your query in detailed, I will be able to advise you properly. Thanks

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
217 votes

You must have speed post or registered ad receipt by using which medium you sent notice to her.That is enough.whether you file case under sec 9 or sec 1e hma depends upon facts of ur case.Better you come and discuss the matter.consultation is free.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles