whether to go for filing Divorce case before DV notice server or later

Can filing divorce case helps after Domestic violence. domestic violance case is filed by my wife but notice is not served till now. What you suggest. whether to go for filing divorce before DV notice served or wait for DV case notice.

Answers (4)

153 votes

if the DV case is filed against you before you get arresteed you should apply for anticipatory bail application!once these case is done you can further seek for divorce from your wife by filing divorce in an appropriate court of law!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

324 votes

It would be better to get copy of DV case and then file the divorce petition. If you know that your wife has filed the DV case then you must be knowing the scheduled date ? if yes then appear get the copy of the same and then file the divorce petition.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
120 votes

It all depends on the facts and circumstances of the Case.

So, without detailed information, it's not appropriate to advise.

It will also depends on what is going to be your defence in DV case.

So, it's going to be difficult to advise on general info.

118 votes

Divorce and domestic violence are two different things....filing a divorce will not help your DV case or vice versa. as for waiting it is not necessary for you to wait if you want to divorce you can start the process immediately. pleaase consult your local lawyer for further advise.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles