Continue to LawRato.com with Google


When a Hindi marries a Muslim, which law will prevail for divorce

I married to a Hindu girl accepting Hindu religion from Muslim religion at arya smaj Mandir I changed my religion. On 10 rs stamp paper attested by notry at tis Hzari .my wife live HR home after marriage .after 6 month we again married as pr shriyat law by nikah this time my wife changed religion on 10 rs stamp paper Hindu to Muslim attested notry only at Patiala court and I was told by lawer to read kalma as. According to shriyat law it's enough to convert in Muslim now she want want divorce after 6 years I have 5 years son which is Muslim now my wife demand 17 lakh for divorce .and says I was forced to convert to religion ..7 years is passed for marriage which act will be applicable Hindu or muslim act

Answers (2)

according to your querry you can get relief from court. As you agains recoverted into muslim and your wife also changed the religion thus muslim law will prevail in your case. however you have to prove the conversion

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can get divorced by the Muslim law as your last registered marriage was done according to Muslim law only. Also it would be more convenient for you to get divorce under Muslim law.
Also, if your wife files a suit against you then she’ll also ask the court to provide her maintenance and will ask for the child’s custody. You can either settle the matter outside the court or can fight in the court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hello Sir, My friend got married 6 yrs back and she dont have mother in law and father in law is advocate. Her husband has affires with other girls an…

Read More

I want divorce from my husband but my husband refuse to give so tell me procedure and money (approx) will cost for this. How long it take to resolve i…

Read More

My spouse had filed for divorce and return of gold ornaments.She filed for divorce in Kuwait also.The divorce was attained in Kuwait Court. Since she …

Read More

I was divorced in 2003 through Hindu marriage act. since my wife is an American, married in 2015. we have filed an application on 2016, after a year, …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue