When a Hindi marries a Muslim, which law will prevail for divorce

I married to a Hindu girl accepting Hindu religion from Muslim religion at arya smaj Mandir I changed my religion. On 10 rs stamp paper attested by notry at tis Hzari .my wife live HR home after marriage .after 6 month we again married as pr shriyat law by nikah this time my wife changed religion on 10 rs stamp paper Hindu to Muslim attested notry only at Patiala court and I was told by lawer to read kalma as. According to shriyat law it's enough to convert in Muslim now she want want divorce after 6 years I have 5 years son which is Muslim now my wife demand 17 lakh for divorce .and says I was forced to convert to religion ..7 years is passed for marriage which act will be applicable Hindu or muslim act

according to your querry you can get relief from court. As you agains recoverted into muslim and your wife also changed the religion thus muslim law will prevail in your case. however you have to prove the conversion

Hi...
You can get divorced by the Muslim law as your last registered marriage was done according to Muslim law only. Also it would be more convenient for you to get divorce under Muslim law.
Also, if your wife files a suit against you then she’ll also ask the court to provide her maintenance and will ask for the child’s custody. You can either settle the matter outside the court or can fight in the court.

Advocate Preeti Joshi