what to do if husband is not replying and husband not giving divorce

We are since 2 years separated and police complaint was also filed by me as my husband does not come back home since 2 years. I also have a son who is 5 years old and my husband is not giving any maintenance. i have sent a divorce notice also - no response and his home also locked. police also went to his home but he did not respond. what should I do now? I need to get a divorce.

Madam,
For most part has been completed by you. you can now straight way file divorce petition on ground of desertion and cruelty against husband on the last know address of him which you have to prove and also claim maintenance of kid and you. IF there is any property also seek some order regard that too. You can also ask for attachment of his accounts and salary.

file a divorce petition before the family court on the ground of desertion. if he does'nt appear before the court, then court will proceed ex-parte. you will get decree of divorce ex-parte.
if he appears after you obtained the decree, he can challenge that before the high court.