what to do if husband is not replying and husband not giving divorce

We are since 2 years separated and police complaint was also filed by me as my husband does not come back home since 2 years. I also have a son who is 5 years old and my husband is not giving any maintenance. i have sent a divorce notice also - no response and his home also locked. police also went to his home but he did not respond. what should I do now? I need to get a divorce.

Answers (2)

255 votes

For most part has been completed by you. you can now straight way file divorce petition on ground of desertion and cruelty against husband on the last know address of him which you have to prove and also claim maintenance of kid and you. IF there is any property also seek some order regard that too. You can also ask for attachment of his accounts and salary.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

150 votes

file a divorce petition before the family court on the ground of desertion. if he does'nt appear before the court, then court will proceed ex-parte. you will get decree of divorce ex-parte.
if he appears after you obtained the decree, he can challenge that before the high court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles