What to do if husband beats again even after filing 498a case?

I recently filed for divorce. Thereafter my husband beaten me brutally. I took photo of all wounds & injuries & bruises in my face, neck, chest, back & area around my ear. I approached local police station next day morning to lodge a complaint. Police took the complaint and asked me to get the medical examinations done from a Government Hospital and submit the report to initiate investigation. Police also told those photographs which I took would add little to no value. Then I visited a local Government Hospital for medical examination. Doctor there clearly stated in his report the real reasons behind those wounds, injuries & bruises. As per Doctor's advice I also did X-Ray. Then I returned to police station with the medical report. Police accepted the medical report & lodged FIR u/sec 498 A against my husband. I have following questions. 1. What can I do if my husband again tries to beat me? 2. How can I make use of these developments in the divorce case which I already filed?

Answers (1)

57 votes

in case your husband is still beating you, on the next date of hearing you can file an application along with evidence and ask the court to provide you police security and there may be chances that the court may send your husband to jail. you can call police again in case he repeats it and file a complaint for assault

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles