quesWhat should i do if i cant pay settlemnt amout as per my inlaws demand

Hi i need help on my marriage fails as i married to a girl whom i loved and my inlaws have influenced in my married lyf .i was working in bpo and so on they insist me to stay in their another flat where i was paying rent bt due to their lot of interference and abusing me i decided nt to stay their anymore and nw they want me to live with them or want a divorce with the high amount as a settlement which i cant do please help how shud i act on this?

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansDear Sir,

      You have every right to change the house and demand your wife's company. You should file a complaint with police if they try to harasses you move out of the house and demand your wife's company. If your wife under pressure refuses file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights. The court will order your wife to stay with you.

      Advocate Sonia Saini

        Dwarka, Delhi

    • ansSettlement amount is something which should be acceptable to both the parties. In case u want divorce than please keep in mind that being a husband u have to pay a one time settlement amount which can be discussed and agreed between the parties on their own. But the best option would be to do all the formalities under legal supervision and not arbitrarily.

      Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

        Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    I want to divorce my husband. But I have one baby. He is 5 year…
    my daughter keerthana got married 2012.she works in it company.after 8 months she conceived.her husband…
    I am a sikh. Got married 2 years and 5 months back, living separately from…
    I got separated from my wife since last 3 months. How to stop my divorce.…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly